Saturday, July 16, 2016

Pakistani viral star Qandeel Baloch murdered by brother in ‘honor killing’


Pakistani social media star Qandeel Baloch has been murdered in what local media is reporting is an “honor killing.”

Baloch was allegedly strangled to death by her brother. Her parents told the Express Times that the two had a fight Friday night in Punjab. She had traveled from Karachi to Punjab due to security concerns after she posted a selfie with a Muslim cleric.

“I admit it. I have unduly used the freedom my parents gave me,” she told the BBC in an interview last week. “But it’s too late to go back. I am beyond their control.”


Baloch is famous for subverting Muslim cultural norms in traditional Pakistan. In a Facebook post on July 14, she wrote “I believe I am a modern day feminist.”
कृपया पर्खनुहोस, भिडियो 60 सेकेण्डमा लोड हुदै छ
Loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment